04 May 2015

Our Wedding: Part Two, The Ceremony


bride and groom, wedding, photo

Continued from 'Our Wedding: Part One'...

Since my Dad wasn't there to walk me down the aisle we decided to do things a little differently. I could have had someone else walk me but I knew seeing Dan for the first time that day was going to be emotional and with my emotions running a little all over the place as it was, the last thing I wanted was a full blown breakdown in the middle of the ceremony room with all eyes directly on me.

I had this fear that once I let one tiny little tear out all hell was going to break loose and I was scared I wouldn't be able to control it and all the pain I had been holding back all morning was going to pour out.

We decided to do the big reveal before the ceremony, in private away from our guests.  The doors to the interview room opened and I walked out into the foyer. I could see Dan (well the back of him) facing away from me and opposite him were my sisters.

The camera was rolling and the photographer was in place to capture the moment Dan turned around and saw me in my wedding dress for the first time.  I waited, desperate for him to turn around so I could give him a big hug and a kiss and it felt like forever.

When he finally did his face was priceless.  I wasn't expecting it but I think he even shed a little tear. Once I saw him I instantly felt better. This was the day that all the careful planning was leading up to, I was going to marry the man of my dreams and live happily ever after.

bride and groom, bride reveal, wedding dress, wedding flowers

bride and groom, bridal, wedding, reveal, wedding dress

Right, we've got to get married now!

Together, we made our way to the ceremony room.  The music started (Canon in D Major by Pachelbel), and my bridesmaids began their walks down the aisle. Of course all of my planning of the timing of the song with the walking was off but at that moment I really didn't care.  I just couldn't wait to get down that aisle with Dan by my side.

Bridesmaid, bridesmaid dress, aisle, wedding ceremony, wedding flowers

Bridesmaid, bridesmaid dress, aisle, wedding ceremony, wedding flowers

Bridesmaid, bridesmaid dress, aisle, wedding ceremony, wedding flowers

bride and groom, aisle, ceremony

Mother of the bride, wedding, ceremony


Wedding ceremony flowers, candles, decorations


Wedding ceremony wicker heart, chair decorations


Groom button hole, wedding flowers, roses

wedding ceremony, bride and groom, wedding dress, wedding flowers, viel

wedding ceremony, wedding rings

bride and groom, wedding flowers, wedding dress, roses

Once I was up there, all I could see was Dan and I completely forgot there was a room full of our guests with us. I was so happy to be marrying him, I had dreamed of this moment my whole life and all my nerves just disappeared.

The ceremony was a bit of a blur though, it all happened really fast. I told myself at the start of the day that I was going to carefully take in each and every tiny moment so that I didn't forget anything as so many people had told me that the day goes by so fast. Thank god we have it all on camera so that we can look back at all the moments that did pass us by.  If there is one bit of advice I would give to any soon to be bride is get a videographer, I am so pleased that we did.  We used 'One Take Media' and they were absolutely amazing.  I barely noticed them on the day and our video is fantastic.  We still get it out every year and they even made us a highlights video that we could share with all our guests on facebook (I have attached this at the bottom of tomorrow's final wedding post).  
After the ceremony, our photographer Ellie (Really Modern Rogue) took us to the gardens of the Manor House to have our sultry photos taken while our guests gorged on canapes and champagne.

bride and groom, champagne, wedding ceremony, wedding flowers

wedding reception drinks, champagne, pimms cocktails


wedding reception, canapes

wedding reception drinks, canapes, pimms cocktails

music sheets, wedding music, harp

bride and groom, photo, wedding dress, wedding suit, wedding flowers

bride and groom, photo, wedding dress, wedding suit, wedding flowers

bride and groom, photo, wedding dress, wedding suit, wedding flowers

bride and groom, photo, wedding dress, wedding suit, wedding makeup wedding flowers

bride and groom, photo, wedding dress, wedding suit, wedding flowers, confetti



bride and groom, photo, wedding dress, wedding suit, wedding flowers, confetti

bride and groom, photo, wedding dress, wedding suit, wedding flowers, confetti

Wedding confetti, dried flowers

This was one of my favourite parts of the whole day, the confetti! I wanted very specific coloured confetti that tied in with my 'vintage' theme and I found the most amazing range of real dried petals.

They were much more expensive than the paper kind but so worth it - I absolutely love the photos we got.

It was at this point that I felt I could finally relax, the scary part was over and now we could really enjoy ourselves...

xxx



2 comments:

  1. Nic this is so lovely. Very emosh but such a lovely day 😘

    ReplyDelete

  2. This is really a wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete