11 April 2015

Lifestyle: My Travel Wishlist

The sun has come out in full force this week and I can't stop dreaming of beaches, pools and bikinis.

We are starving ourselves of a holiday this year due to moving house and all.  I quickly learnt from last time that moving costs money. Lots of money. So we need to save as much as we can and if that means not having a hoilday this year, so be it :)

Therefore, I can only lust after tropical far off locations this year, and that's okay.. I suppose.

After our amazing holiday to Corfu (read all about that here) me and hubby compiled a long list of all the places we would like to visit in our lifetime.  Surprisingly the majority of the list was located in Europe. Brilliant, we both thought - we can knock off a serious amount of our bucket list by not travelling very far at all!

America



Number 1 on our list of places to travel to is the U.S. I know, that's pretty vague. We would like take America, Bonnie and Clyde style (minus the robberies and killings).  Hire a car and drive. The details of this plan have not been finalised but I am thinking San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon.

Athens
Image
I love Greece.  It is such a great location for a typical sun, sea and beach holiday.  However, I haven't really explored mainland Greece and all the ancient history behind it.  I would love to see Athens and learn all about the notorious Greek gods.

Paris
Image
Paris is one of those places that everybody seems to have experienced but me. I am yet to be whisked away by a 'knight in shining armour' to this beautiful and very romantic city. To see the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre and eat in the gorgeous little French patisseries would be a dream come true.  It's ridiculous that I haven't been really, since it is so close! Come on hubby, I think I have dropped enough hints now...

Prague
Image
Steeped in culture and a diverse history, Prague is another one of those European destinations I would love to see.  It doesn't have to be a proper big holiday, just a long weekend will do.  This is the type of city break that I see all the time on sites such as Groupon or Wowcher, so I am pretty sure I could get a good deal.

Bruges

Image
After watching the film 'In Bruges', starring Colin Farrel and Brendan Gleeson, we have been desperate to visit this beautiful city.  The film must have bought in bucket loads of tourists and therefore hiked up the cost of holidays to this place but I don't care.  I would pay whatever it costs to go here.  Definitely on our Christmas market destination wishlist too.  I have heard they have an amazing one here.

New Zealand

Image
New Zealand has been on my travel wishlist for a long long time.  It is one of those far off, almost unreachable locations that would definitely require a lot of planning and a lot of saving.  This would also need to be a long holiday due to the lengthy travel time and also because there is just so much to see. It is one of those countries that has literally everything. Beaches, mountains, lakes, woodland... everything and every photo I see of New Zealand literally takes my breath away.

Bora Bora
Image
Ahhh it wouldnt be a travel wishlist without a tropical island thrown in would it?  Sometimes all I want from a holiday is the hot sun and a white sandy beach.  I always see beautiful images of Bora Bora and it just looks like heaven on earth.  How amazing would it be to stay in one of those cute little huts in the middle of the sea. And what a sea it is, crystal clear waters, perfect for a little swim.  I think a week would be enough here, as much as I love to relax on holiday I would get a little bored if there wasn't much else to do.

Those destinations are on the top of our list but we have so many more place we want to visit, even around the UK like Edinburgh, Devon and Harrogate but I might do a separate blog post on those.

What destinations are on your travel wishlists? And do you have any holidays planned for 2015?  I would love to hear all about them in the comments below. Even if it does simply make me green with envy.

xxx

Nicola Bhamra

5 comments:

  1. Bora Bora is my absolute dream place to go! I used to live in America and while I was there we constantly went on road trips! If you get the chance, do it, you won't regret it! x

    http://whiteshirtchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might look at the Bruges Christmas market. I went to the Prague Christmas market but didn't think much of it. Loved visiting Prague though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heeey you have a really nice blog! And these places looks amazing *.* I really want to go to Paris :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you :) hopefully someone will whisk yku away to Paris too!

      Delete