29 April 2015

Bye Bye April: My Month in Pictures


Ah it finally feels like Spring doesn't it? This month has really marked the transition into warmer weather and like everyone else in the UK I have making the most of it as you can see by all the flowery outdoorsy pics!

I always love watching the trees turn from winter brown to spring green and our cherry blossom tree added a lovely shade of pink to our garden.  It is such a shame that it only lasts a couple of weeks before it turns brown again.

Warmer weather also calls for a clean up of my wardrobe.  I love season changes. I get to dig out all my strappy tops, floaty dresses and sandals and bag up my winter coats, scarves and thick jumpers.

My mornings are also much happier times of the day. I feel like I am actually waking up at the beginning of the day bright and refreshed, rather than it feeling like the middle of the night tired and groggy. It really makes a difference to my day, its so important to start the day happy.

I have noticed people around me are much happier too, the sun just does that to people doesn't it?  What a happier place we would live in if it was sunny every day! Maybe that's why the Californians are all such lovely people.

Anyway, with the change in weather I was finally able to get started on a new project.  This was a commissioned piece for a client.  They had a couple of bedside tables that needed a little TLC.  I painted them in Annie Sloan 'Old Ochre' just to give them a new lease of life and they looked pretty good, if I do say so myself!

I also did a little shopping to replenish some paint stock (with some exciting new colours) and invested in a few new painting tools (blog post to come). So I am looking forward to giving those a go.

My latest blog goal was to not only post more regularly (every Wednesday and Saturday) but to aim to write more of a variety of posts.  I have therefore written more foodie posts this month and I have really enjoyed it.  I have always had such a passion for cooking and I love finding new recipes to put my own spin on. So expect to see more food/recipe posts in the future.

I am so looking forward to May, its always such a good month for weather and I can't wait to get out in the garden more and get some BBQs on the go.  It will also be our wedding anniversary soon and I have written a little blog series looking back on our big day, which will be online in installments over the bank holiday weekend.

I hope you have had a great April and a blooming (see what I did there?) wonderful start to Spring.

Bye Bye April. Hello May!

xxx


Nicola Bhamra

1 comment:

  1. love your photos! looking forward to may as well, it should be good :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete