12 January 2015

Upcycling: Pantone's 'Colour of the Year' 2015 Award - Marsala


Pantone UK
Pantone have released their long awaited 'Colour of the Year' for 2015 and the award goes to... drum roll please....Marsala 18-1438! (a sort of burgandy, reddish brown kinda colour to you and me) and I am pretty much in love with it.  I have a little obsession with these particular shades of reddish browns, honestly most of my wardrobe is either black, grey, or burgundy.

I am sure we will see this colour all over the red carpet, in shades of lipstick on make up stands and of course strewn over our interiors in the forms of wallpaper, cushions and rugs. And so, in keeping with my interest in interiors and furniture I have compiled a little collection on Polyvore to give you some inspiration on how to decorate using this magnificent colour.

Nicola Bhamra on Polyvore

I have already started to think about up cycling some furniture in this colour and instantly went to Annie Sloan's blog to see if she had any tips on creating this shade and low and behold she had! You can always count on Annie! She recommends mixing Burgandy, Primer Red and a dash of Old White.


Image courtesy of Annie Sloan

Looks like a trip to my local stockist is in order.
I am thinking about new colours for a new year and will report back soon with my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint wishlist for 2015.

 xxx




 

No comments:

Post a Comment