14 January 2015

Upcycling: Annie Sloan Colour Wishlist 2015


As it is coming up to Spring (YAY!) and subsequently the time of year that my paint brushes come out of hiding, I thought I would write a post dedicated to all the colours I am lusting after this year.  These are all on my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint shopping list so expect to see their big debuts on some pieces of furniture in the near future.
 
 
Primer Red

Image courtesy of Annie Sloan
If you read my recent post which featured Pantone's colour of the year 'Marsala' you will know I am becoming a little bit obsessed with this gorgeous shade. I have had my beady eye on ASCP 'Primer Red' for a while now and after spending the last year staying well within my comfort zone of whites and greys I think it is time I experimented with a dash of colour.  I think this colour works really well when paired with lighter shades of cream (as demonstrated in Annie's photo) and I have a few ideas on how to use the two on some pieces of furniture.


Duck Egg Blue
 
Image courtesy of Annie Sloan
This is a colour I have been in love with for some time now and it has had a huge rise in popularity over the last year or so - mainly on the front doors of houses all over the country.  I actually have three tester pots from Farrow and Ball in shades of this colour at home that have been sitting in my kitchen since last summer.  I have been thinking about painting my 'pillar-box red' front door but it seems like such a huge job when I read up on it I have been putting it off!
 Maybe this is the year to get that done.
 
Olive
 
Image courtesy of Annie Sloan
I 'dipped my toe' a little deeper into the colour chart last year and experimented with ASCP 'Versailles' which is a very very very very pale green. So pale in fact that in the photos it looked... well you guessed it, cream. However, I did like the greeny hue of the paint so this year I would like to go a little deeper and try this 'Olive' shade. I am sure it would look lovely a little lighter with a dash of 'Old White' mixed in too.

Now time to get furniture hunting!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment